E83 – 83: Removing the Masks We Wear
In this short and sweet episode Erin and Rachel share what they discovered after polling the women in their Facebook group, The Confident Woman, on what masks they have let go of in their lives.
The girls found it very interesting to see the different responses of what people considered to be their masks and how they shed them. Some believed it was physical things like never wearing shorts because they felt uncomfortable showing their legs. Where others felt there were mental masks that they finally got rid of. Overall it seemed to be things they felt that society would not approve of.
The girls share different masks they themselves have removed over time. The realization that our experiences are what connect us and if we hide those then no one can truly connect with us.
Finally, Erin and Rachel share the importance of self-awareness and the questions we can all ask ourselves to see if we are not letting go of our masks.
Here are some highlights:
- How we are all compensating in our lives
- What you need to lead with in both business and life
- Removing our masks levels the playing field
- And so much more!
Let’s take a listen!
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
- “You don’t what holds you back until you have a voice to use it.” – Rachel
- “The more times you fail, that just makes you more relatable.” – Erin
- “Those failures are what make you a better leader not your success.” – Erin
- “You have nowhere to hide.” – Rachel