E68 – 68: Quitting to Win: Let Go of Bad Habits and Start Living The Life You Love with Crystal Waltman
In today’s episode, Erin and Rachel sit down with special guest, Crystal Waltman. Crystal is a recovered athlete from alcohol, spine surgery, overeating, and overtraining to accomplished mother and author. She believes she had to “Quit to Win.” This led her to write her book, Quitting to Win, in which she shares her stories of tragedy to triumph.
She kicks the episode off by sharing how she couldn’t picture herself past the age of 40. She realized one of her worst habits, alcohol, was holding her back. She realized that her journey with alcohol started all the way back in high school as a way to deal with her social anxiety and that it continued to get worse and worse as the years went on.
Crystal talks with the girls about what planted the seed for sobriety, and that it wasn’t until she hit her rock bottom that she finally made the decision to get sober. Her sobriety allowed her to realize that she felt compelled to share her message with others.
Finally, Crystal also shares some of the highlights as well as some of the biggest takeaways from the book. She also shares what she believes is necessary in order to stay sober.
You’ll also hear more about:
- How the book “outted” her
- The conscious decision you have to make daily
- How long it has taken her to get to where she is now
- One surprising enabler of her drinking
- The mentality that lead her to relapse (and it’s not what you think)
- And so much more!
Let’s take a listen!
FB: Crystal Waltman
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
- “Take inventory of what’s going on emotionally.” – Crystal
- “I’m at a point in my life where I’m turning my pain into my purpose.” – Crystal
- “There’s a fine line when you first start off carrying the message, not the mess.” – Crystal