E64 – 64: Speaking Your Mind: When Is The Right Time?
What happens when you strongly agree or disagree with something? Do you say something or do you just hold it in? We’ve all been in those situations where we have to decide if it’s worth it to actually say something. On today’s episode, Erin and Rachel share their thoughts on the power of speaking your mind and how to do it the right way!
They kick off the episode by tackling the topic of gossip. The girls debate if it’s better to partake in gossip or speak up and potentially cause conflict. They also discuss how we take what others tell us at face value, but instead you should actually remain open-minded and decide things on your own.
Erin and Rachel agree that there are hot topics that can be very difficult to voice your opinions. It’s difficult because you never know how you will be perceived. So it is necessary, for you, to decide if it’s worth it to speak up or not.
Finally, the girls end with the circumstances where you should or should not voice your thoughts. And they also share the surprising thing you can do when someone is speaking their mind to you.
- When is the right time to figure things out on your own
- How to know if it the right time to speak up
- The role objectivity can play in these types of situations
- The situation Erin experienced where she felt proud of how she dealt with someone else’s opinions
Let’s take a listen!
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
- “Doing the right thing is always the hard thing to do.” -Erin
- “I don’t wanna say my opinion on things unless I can fully elaborate on what I mean.” -Erin
- “When you debate, nobody wins.” -Rachel
- “Know when to bite your tongue.” -Rachel