E42 – 42: Are Resolutions Worth It?
Happy New Year! On this new episode, Erin and Rachel tackle the topic of resolutions! They discuss whether or not setting resolutions, specifically New Year’s resolutions, are actually a good idea or wasting your time.
The girls agree that most people have some sort of resolution at the beginning of the year. Whether it is losing weight, quitting smoking, eating healthier or something else. But the problem is that most people do not have a plan for how to attain their resolution. Or they don’t have a strong enough why to actually change.
Rachel says that in order to hit your big goal (resolution) you need to set small, attainable steps to get there. Erin believes that you also need to create habits in order to achieve your big goal. They both agree that your goals need to be realistic.
Finally, Erin and Rachel talk about how people will fall into the trap of staying in their comfort zone. Their comfort zone is easier and doesn’t involve them creating a plan to actually get what they want.
The girls also dive into:
- Time being linear
- Not waiting to start
- Giving yourself grace when you fall off
- Lifestyle changes
- Marketing around New Year’s and how it appeals to our need to set resolutions
Let’s take a listen!
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
- “It usually goes back to one small thing.” -Rachel
- “Don’t buy into ‘Oh, it’s that simple’ kind of thing.” -Erin
- “You can hop on anytime you want to change.” -Erin
- “If you fall off track, you get right back on.” -Rachel