E27 – 27: The Power of Vulnerability
Is vulnerability is a weakness and something we can exploit? Or is it actually a superpower and shield of honor we can wear?
In this week’s episode, Erin and Rachel discuss the power of vulnerability. Most people associate vulnerability with being a sign of weakness and something that will make us less than perfect. In reality, vulnerability is actually a strength. It allows us to attract people into our lives and to empower and connect with them on a deeper level.
Rachel and Erin also talk about showing up as yourself instead of putting on masks to be something you are not or think you need to be. This is to include social media and how people don’t actually want to see highlight reels of others. They want to see the failures and struggles of others because it is what makes them relatable and humanizes them.
Let’s take a listen!
- Vulnerability: weakness or strength?
- Power of going deep and not having superficial connections with others
- What causes our vulnerabilities? Can they self-inflicted or fear-based?
- Putting people on pedestals when they are only showing highlight reels
- Showing up and connecting with others through our vulnerabilities
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
Facebook: The Confident Woman Podcast
- “Own the suck” Rachel
- “We see the highlight reels of people and we put them on pedestals and they’re just not even relatable.” Rachel
- “You don’t have to glamorize everything” Erin
- “Anything we’re self-conscious of or feel vulnerable with anyways isn’t going to go away unless you do talk to someone about it.” Erin