E25 – 25: Is FEAR Holding You Back?
In this episode, Rachel and Erin are talking about the fears we all have about starting something new. Doing something new is scary; people sometimes fear success. If we are successful, there will be more pressure not to fail. Sometimes we cannot rationalize through our fears. One thing you can do to overcome your fears is to focus on other people’s successes. Pay attention to the people who have succeeded in what you are trying to accomplish. Don’t focus on the people who have failed.
Another thing to consider is, what is the worst thing that could possibly happen in a particular scenario? If you think the worst-case scenario is still worth pursuing, then do it! Remember, we are all going to fail. Be vulnerable and ask for help. Make sure to surround yourself with people who are going to be encouraging and buy into your vision. Eventually, we will just get to the point where we do things without looking for validation from other people.
“Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.” – Mark Twain.
Enjoy the show!
- [02:40] Our mindsets are holding us back
- [04:30] Rationalizing our fears
- [07:45] We are all going to fail
- [10:50] Start with one step
- [13:45] Overcoming our fears
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
Facebook: The Confident Woman Podcast
- “Once you break through the fear wall, the other side is exhilarating.” -Rachel
- “I think it’s fun to be scared sometimes.” -Erin
- “Face your fear, and just do it.” -Rachel
- “Think about the absolute worst possible thing that could happen.” -Erin