E148 – 148: Figuring Out Who You Are as a Person and What You Like To Do
By the time we are young adults, we adapt this mentality that whatever it is that we decide to do as our job or our career, is the end all be all decision. And we are so hard on ourselves when we can’t figure out what that thing is. We put so much pressure on ourselves to “get it right” the first time, even though we’ve barely had any kind of life experience. In this episode, Rachel and Erin answer a question from The Confident Woman Community – “How do you choose a career when you aren’t sure what you want to do?”
Rachel and Erin chat more about
- Both of their journeys and how it is led them to where they are today
- Shifting your expectations to focus on the short term as opposed to trying to figure out the long term, right now
- Tips on how to go back to the “roots” of who you are as a person and exploring it
- Giving yourself grace (no one knows 100% what they want to in life)
- Not being afraid to try different things
Grab Our Resources:
Join The Confident Woman Podcast Facebook Community here!
Grab your FREE Confidence Booster Guide here!
Order your copy of Chasing Perfection: A Journey to Healing, Fitness, and Self-Love AND Get the Bonus Points to Ponder Journal FREE!
Join The Confident Woman Collective – educating, empowering, and equipping women with the tools and resources to create lasting change within so they can create a life and business they love!
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
Erin’s Instagram: @the.erin.klein.show
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
The Confident Woman Collective Instagram: @theconfidentwomancollective
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes!
- “There’s always going to be something new and exciting in your life, and you can take that with you into the next stage.” – Rachel
- “That’s the beauty of what growth is. You’re expanding, you’re evolving, you’re stretching, you’re growing. And you can become anything at any time.” – Rachel
- “Purpose finds you. You can’t just go find it under a rock or on the shelves at Target. It doesn’t exist. Purpose comes through experience.” – Rachel
- “At the end of the day, the only one that has to like you (and your decision) is you.” – Erin