E14 – 14: Finding Food Freedom. Q&A
In this episode, Erin has some questions for Rachel around food struggles – Rachel has found food freedom, looks great, is consistent, and even eats snacks! Food addiction is a real thing; it comes from some emotional triggers within us. Erin says she sometimes eats an entire pizza even though she knows it will upset her later on. When you are on a restrictive diet, and you can’t have something, then that is all you’re going to think about having. Rachel explains how you can still eat doughnuts while staying under your caloric intake for the day. If you want to perform at your best, however, you have to look at what you are eating. Later, Rachel and Erin discuss how to stay healthy while traveling, doing tradeoffs, and changing our food mindsets. If you eat one brownie, you do not need to eat the whole pan!
Enjoy the show!
- [01:15] Yo-yo dieting.
- [02:25] Do you think that food addiction is a real thing?
- [06:00] You need self-awareness.
- [10:40] How to eat healthy while traveling.
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast Instagram: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
Facebook: The Confident Woman Podcast
- “Addiction comes from emotional triggers.” -Rachel
- “If you are already in a caloric deficit, then, by all means, eat the doughnut.” -Rachel
- “People do diets where they are eating cheese and bacon all day long, and they lose weight.” -Erin
- “Focus on creating a healthy and balanced lifestyle.” – Rachel
- “Just because [food] it’s there, doesn’t mean you have to eat it all.” – Rachel