E13 – 13: Asking for Help Is Not a Sign of Weakness.
A lot of the time, we can struggle with opening up. Rachel previously thought that doing so and asking for help were signs of weakness, but now knows that we’re not meant to do life alone. Just having a friend who you can go to when you need help can allow you to grasp your thoughts, because being alone in your mind can be overwhelming. It’s also good to remember that if somebody comes to you for help, they might just want to vent their feelings and not receive any advice. What we’re holding in can be a negative toxin, so we need to release it and make way for the positive things in our lives. We all suffer, so no matter how perfect and awesome someone is on the outside, you never know what they’re going through on the inside. You’d be surprised how many people are happy to help you if you simply ask for it. Seek someone who has achieved the result that you are working towards.
Enjoy the show!
- [02:02] Specifically defining what you need help with
- [05:49] Venting
- [10:40] Being open to receiving help
Erin’s Instagram: @erin_travelsforlife
Rachel’s Instagram: @iamrachelbrooks
The Confident Woman Podcast: @theconfidentwomanpodcast
Facebook: The Confident Woman Podcast
- “I feel so overwhelmed that I just need to kind of vent and talk it through to a friend who provides a safe place.” -Rachel
- “Sometimes, people just need to vent for a minute.” -Erin
- “Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. It’s courage.” -Rachel